Here is a problem I have had on my classroom wall for a long time. I have a large display of problems on there that sometimes the students present me solutions to. This is one no one yet had done and I had not attempted.
Last week I was discussing the problem wall with a colleague and this jumped out at me, so I thought I would give it a try. It took rather longer than I’d care to admit, to be honest. I set off on a few false starts and came up with some incorrect solutions due to an incorrect solution I’d made. After a while I gave up and left it a few days before tackling it afresh….
Continue reading at: